Saturday, February 23, 2008

futbol
















We played soccer again today. Such fun! Lately the weather has been quite hot during the day - in the 80's. Since we start playing at noon - not my idea - that means we're out in the blazing sun for as long as it takes for us to get too tired to move. It also means sunburn, and I'm going to have to figure out how to prevent that. Apparently applying sunscreen 1/2 hour before playing isn't good enough, because I'm red, red, red.

Did any of you see the lunar eclipse on Wednesday? I taught my students a short lesson about eclipses during the day, and some of them stayed up long enough to see the moon fully eclipsed. In the evening, OANSA and the classes afterward ended as the eclipse was partially underway, and by the time we'd returned home, we only had to stay outside a few minutes to see the moon covered totally.

This week I also started teaching the kids about the water cycle. It's review for some of them. When I was in student teaching, my master teacher took her kids outside to "paint" with water. As it evaporated, she asked them what they thought was happening. What a great introduction! I "stole" the idea. When the kids began complaining that they couldn't finish their pictures, because the water was disappearing, one of the girls said, "That's the whole point, isn't it Miss Greenlee?" And another girl said, "It's called evaporation!" It's always fun when the kids can come up with the vocabulary on their own.

I had three quiet evenings in the apartment this week. How unusual! It was pleasant to have the time just to sit and read.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice Corona jersey!

Bookwyrme said...

Who's taking the pics?