Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Guillermo del Toro would be proud

I've been working on homework almost all day, so I feel entitled to some silly commentary. If you are new to reading this blog, please don't be frightened off by some randomness.

When I returned from Mexico to the States, one of the first pictures to welcome me was on a massive billboard - it was this frightful pig/man/thing smirking down from on high. I glanced away quickly, rather unnerved by the creature. And it hasn't gone away. Since arriving, I have seen this picture on bus stops and billboards all over the place. Admittedly, it has my attention, and I'm further spreading the advertisement by posting it here, so I guess it's an effective ad campaign (?). Still, I have to wonder, do the creators of this pig/man/thing think he's cute? Cuddly? Likely to persuade me to use the company's services? I think that if Guillermo del Toro ever runs out of ideas for making scary creatures, he could gain inspiration by visiting feedthepig.org. There's even a download-able calendar.

Here's a sampling of my personal anti-favorites from the calendar:
The pig himself. To be fair, on the ads he's not blue. Not sure why he saved blue on my computer
Would you go shopping in a store if you saw this walking around!?!
Words fail me...
And if the still images weren't enough to frighten you, try the video shorts found here. They go way above and beyond the call of horror movie.

What were they thinking?

No comments: