Sunday, July 13, 2008

VBS coming up

I wasn't home much this last week. At Newport Mesa Church, I was scheduled to work every day, so that's where I was during the day. On Monday evening we were all home to see the much anticipated episode 2 of the final season of Foyle's War. If you haven't seen that series, find someone you can beg, borrow, or steal it from and get busy watching. Anyway, we watched the very last episode (sniff, sniff) last night, and the show's writers did themselves proud.

On Tuesday evening my dad and I walked to the Huntington Beach street fair. It's still going strong, and many people crowd onto Main St to buy fresh produce and various handmade items or to watch the street performers. My favorites are the Argentinian flamenco guitarists, and judging by the people clustered around them, I'm not the only one with this opinion.

Wednesday I stayed at church after work, because there was a barbecue dinner for the women that evening. For the next four weeks we'll have a Bible study class, an exercise class, and a fun class offered . It'll be a fun way for us to get to know each other a bit better.

Throughout the week, I worked for many hours putting together a powerpoint slide show about what I do in Puebla. Some of you will be receiving a cd of the slide show in the mail soon. Coming soon to a mailbox near you... It's amazing how many hours it takes to put together seven slides!
Today instead of attending both the Newport Mesa church service and Centro de Fe as I had originally intended, I went to NMC in the morning and went to lunch with small group friends. We finished lunch at just about the right time for me to go to Centro de Fe, but then I decided to set up what I could for my part in Jerusalem Marketplace VBS which starts tomorrow. That didn't take too long, so I drove to the Huntington Beach Central Library, restocked on books, and then joined my sister Joy in the park for the free concert available every summer Sunday.

No comments: