Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Merry Christmas!

I am in the United States to spend Christmas with my family. I'll be here until Jan.5th and then will fly back to Puebla. The second semester of school begins Jan.7th. We're half-way through!

I've done some shopping the last few days. None of the shopping was for Christmas presents since I already had those, but I have gone out and about to buy things that are hard or impossible to get in Puebla. Although the last-minute shoppers are out in abundance, people have been polite and patient.
My dad, sisters, and I went out two nights to see the Christmas lights. One neighborhood near here has the tradition of lavishly decorating the houses with lights, automated figures, and musical trees. It's quite the show! Fashion Island, a ritzy mall about 1/2 hour from here, boasts the biggest Christmas tree in the world. It's quite a sight, and we go every year to see it.
Have a blessed Christmas and a wonderful new year. Enjoy the time with friends and family, and remember the Reason for the Season. "For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given. And the government shall be on his shoulders, and he shall be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace."

No comments: