Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Save the Date and green eggs

Abraham and I have to wait until the certified copy of my birth certificate, complete with apostil (or something like that?) comes to Mexico before we can start on the paperwork to allow us to get married. Therefore the only preparation I've done so far is to make and send out save the date cards. Many of you received them, but due to printer errors and other technology bloopers, I didn't have quite enough to send to everyone. Consider yourself 'save the date-ed' now with this picture. It's the one I made and sent out, except the color is supposed to be blue. It appears blue everywhere except here:
Last week in school I immersed the kids in Dr. Seuss. The kids are at Spiritual Emphasis Camp this week, so we would have missed Read Across America. Can't have that! Therefore we read many of Dr. Seuss' books, made silhouettes to go with The Shape of Me and Other Stuff and recorded on cat-in-the-hat shapes plot, characters, setting, and the title of favorite stories. And no Dr. Seuss unit would be complete without green eggs! On Thursday the kids went to my house to whip up their green eggs. Only one of the kids didn't like them; the others agreed green eggs are scrumptious.

On Sunday we went to Huejotzingo with a group of five young ladies visiting from Ohio. Throughout most of the afternoon, only four of the kids came, but just as Abraham finished the Bible story and songs and the four began reviewing, a group of several boys came. Since there were plenty of adults to help the four girls with their review, I started retelling the Bible story to the boys. It was a good workout for my Spanish, and the boys listened attentively - something they don't always do.

Please keep my students and the Huejotzingo kids in your prayers. They are two very different groups of kids, but both groups need to know the personal love of God in their lives.

No comments: