Thursday, July 23, 2015

Day 4 of the Huejotzingo, Mexico, Teach Us to Pray VBS

Guest Blogger Pastor Ken Greenlee

I can’t believe that tomorrow is the last day of our 2015 Huejotzingo, Mexico, Teach Us to Pray VBS.  It looks like we will have directly affected the lives of around 50 individual kids.  We have had an attendance of around 40 each day, but some kids don’t come back every day and some new kids join each day.  This has been a very fruitful time of ministry impacting the lives of these children and their parents.

I help prepare handouts or whatever needs done to get things ready each day.  I’m the chief photographer, I set up the multimedia equipment each day and I handle most of the publicity.  I’ve been preparing the PowerPoint we will use at the graduation ceremony on Sunday when some of the parents of the kids come to watch their kids perform.  Rachel and Abraham will also use the PowerPoint to show at Dios es Amor, their home church that has done so much to support their ministry over the years.

Yesterday the batteries in my camera died just at the end of the day.  Off to the market to buy a new set of batteries.  Started taking pictures and shooting videos first thing this morning, only to have the new batteries fail at around 2 p.m.  I grabbed the camera I brought with me this trip for Rachel and Abraham and started using it, only to have the batteries run dry on it after about 3 minutes.  Fortunately I got most of the day covered.

Off early this evening to buy another three sets of batteries at a local store.  I trust I will get all the pictures I need tomorrow and Sunday without further difficulty, but don’t want to take any chances, hence the spares.  I thought batteries had a shelf life of some 12-15 years.  Wonder how long the ones I bought yesterday had been in inventory?

Please be in prayer for a great finale to our VBS tomorrow.  This has been a lot of effort to put on, especially on the part of Rachel and Abraham who have stayed up as late as 2 a.m. each day getting things together for the next day.  It is worth the effort to watch these kids enjoy themselves and learn about God and His love and faithfulness.


Now an old man, Abraham tells his story to the children.
God promised Abraham that his descendants would outnumber the stars
Photographer, blogger, and Power Point Maker


For snack, Rachel and Abraham cut Stars out of 22 large cucumbers to represent the number of descendants God promised Abraham.

The kids used star stickers to show the stars in the sky representing God's promise to Abraham.
Thanks and Blessings!

No comments: